Sunday, August 05, 2012

Mosaic Monday~Boys and Trains

What is it about little boys and trains?  What is it about Big boys and trains?  What is it?  

~~~~~~~

"The romance of boating is gone, now. In Hannibal the steamboatman is no longer a god. The youth don't talk river slang any more. Their pride is apparently railways -- which they take a peculiar vanity in reducing to initials ("C B & Q") -- an affectation which prevails all over the west. They roll these initials as a sweet morsel under the tongue."
 - Notebook #20, reprinted in Mark Twain's Notebooks & Journals, Vol. II.



When Grandpa heard Daniel was coming to visit he got out the train. And so that evening dinner was late and Grandpa played trains with Daniel and cousin, Neil. Oh, what a treasure!!!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!


Cathy


The Little Red House and share in the beauty offered there.   And though I have nothing to offer at  Macro Monday  Lisa has a wonderful time planned for you.  The pictures all are an inspiration!

12 comments:

  1. Little boys and big boys do seem to love their trains. The men in my family also enjoyed trains and my son had a collection he enjoyed too. Your photos remind me of my son when he was little. Great photos and mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to have grandpa play with the young boys. Who cares if dinner is late, fun and trains are much more important, besides they have a schedule to keep!!! hee he

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of life's mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is one of life's mysteries. Kind of like girls and dolls, a natural tendency. Guys and moving parts and girls to love and cuddle things. LOL great mosaic Cathy
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Times like these are precious! Love the pic!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun, I remember the days when my boys were much younger and the wonder they had over trains:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. With two girls, we never had the pleasure of train sets. I'll bet Grandpa really enjoyed playing with Daniel.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love playing with trains on the carpeted floor. The reason we don't play with boats anymore is because the water would wet the carpet and Mom would get very upset. Trains are safer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our grandsons love the trains as well and I am betting the little baby girl coming in December, shall also, for I do too~

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice article.. thank to share..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interestingly - it's my wife who wanted a train set. We used to set it up under the Christmas tree every year, and Santa rode around and around the tree - at least until "catzilla," who had been hiding under tree, would leap out to attack.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the serious look on your grandson's face - trains mean business!

    I love train sets too! One of my husbands friends has this amazing setup in his basement, and now he can't wait until his 2 month old grandson is old enough to play trains with him! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.