Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Month of Thanksgiving

Branch Of Wisdom


Love for our neighbor consists of three things:  to desire the greater good of everyone; to do what good we can when we can; to bear, excuse, and hide others' faults.  ~Saint John Vianney


I am taught a lesson in loving my neighbor as I see these beautiful roses blooming together.  There doesn't seem to be any jealousy or vying for attention.  They simply and most effectively blossom and grow though the nourishment of the roots and stems they all share.


And so it is that I am grateful for kind neighbors.  I am thankful for the one who stops and allows me to turn left after having waited at an intersection for what seemed to be an eternity.  I am grateful to the child who, when I had worked all day and came home and made less than my usual meal, said, "Thanks, Mom, " and did not say, "Peanut butter and jelly?  We had that for lunch."

This is the time of year, though it should be all year round, that we traditionally "give."  Since food pantries are always in need of food.  I would urge all who read this to a contribute to their local food pantry.  There can never be too much for those who have so little.  We need to remember that as a people of God we all share the same "roots and stems" that help us to grow. 

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Tamara at Branch of Wisdom is offering us the opportunity to daily give thanks for the gifts given us by God.  So from today October 24, 2010 to November 24, 2010 we are asked to share in this  journey of Thanksgiving.   Please stop by her blog and read more about the specifics.


13 comments:

  1. Cathy, what a great posting! And the music is wonderful.
    Have a great day!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to this post!
    It's never too late to give any time of the year to our food banks.

    The rose application - That is so true we must draw our nourishment from our Heavenly Father and not others. Loving my neighbor is my life long Logo in life, there is always something to be learned and put into practice. This is my life long verse. What a beautiful quote!
    (((hugs))
    Katia
    P.S. A bit windy here today is isn't? I am so hoping we get more rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post! All of us have so many things to be thankful for even in the mist of our daily trials. Peace me with you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. What a beautiful quote. Great neighbors are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, I could not get Tamara's button 2 days ago and still having some problems but have been doing the thanksgiving. thanks for sharing that. blessings.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for that wonderful encouragement!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post and I like the words of sharing with others. We donated to our church food pantry...they have a place set up for donations every Sunday. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you used the roses and roots and stems to share with that illustration. What a beautiful way to think about it. And I SO AGREE that donating to a pantry is so special and such a gift to those in need and to ourselves as we know we are doing the best we can to help. When we help feed a stranger, we are helping to feed God. For what we do for the least of these we do for Him. Blessings, Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, I love coming here and reading of your blessings and how thankful you are. You are a sweeti lady.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful, Cathy. Yes, indeed, we can all bloom together -- and appreciate each other's petals. :) I'm grateful for good blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Cathy...thank you for sharing from your heart. Sweet blessings! ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post. We too, like Tamara, have a food pantry box at our church available for donation every Sunday. Thanks for the reminder. Next Costco run, we'll pick up some extra canned food.
    Blessings,
    Linda<><

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.