Tuesday, October 26, 2010

~Adventure Tour Express~And a Month of Thanksgiving~


“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~Wilfred Peterson
This week my adventure includes a reason for being thankful.  Traveling to Washington, DC is always a thrill for me.  Attending the National Book Festival, until the last few years, has always been something we looked forward to.   The beauty of its avenues, the glory of her architecture, and the throngs of people make it a destination for real adventure.  Consider those who have gone before us in this city.  Reflect on the wisdom and folly that has passed through the doors  of the government offices there.  And then consider the Providence that oversees  it and the nation beyond its boundaries.  



The Capital aglow at night...
and the monument emblazoned in light.
Basilica of the Immaculate Conception
Washington DC

In this city of government buildings there is also houses of worship that give glory to the Creator of it all.  Within these walls there is offered praise and thanksgiving to the One who watches over us all.

Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen once said:

"The principle of democracy is a recognition of the sovereign, inalienable right of man as a give of God, the Source of law."
An so it is today as I continue this adventure begun those many years ago, that I am thankful for the freedom to worship, a treasure more precious than gold.

He who finds Jesus finds a treasure, better than all other treasures, and he who loses him has lost mor that all the world. ~Thomas a Kempis 

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!


Please enter your adventure here so we can share the journey.






Branch Of Wisdom


Tamara at Branch of Wisdom is offering us the opportunity to daily give thanks for the gifts given us by God.  So from today October 24, 2010 to November 24, 2010 we are asked to share in this  journey of Thanksgiving.   Please stop by her blog and read more about the specifics.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I have never had the chance to go to D.C. Might get there one day.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Cathy! I've enjoyed many visits to Washington DC over the years.
    I've never attended the National Book Festival, however. It must be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Washington DC, that is certainly a thrill that you have access to such a place.

    Great quotes.

    Blessings, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, indeed we praise the Almighty for His loving hand upon the US. I have been to Washington DC, once and I loved it. I wasn't ready to leave, for I hadn't seen everything I had wish to see.
    Blessings,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome. I have never had the chance to visit there. I am sure it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Cathy,
    Your comments, your life, your faith...it is such a blessing to me! Thanks so much for all your encouragement!
    This is a lovely blog - I am now your 99th follower here!!
    Many blessings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx for another great post. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.