Friday, September 10, 2010

~~Bad Haiku Friday~~


Commercial Endeavors


~~~~~

Commercials today
Lack much ingenuity
Kids can do better.
~~
Commercials attack
Our intelligent nature
Or our lack thereof.
~~~~~

I could go on and on...the cynic in me is creeping out...but enough said.   Wishing all a grand weekend as I'm off to The Woods for a weekend of reflection and community with The Sisters and friends. 
~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!
Please visit Laura at Catholic Teacher Musings and read more "bad haiku's."  Offer your talent and skills as well.  It really is a lot of fun!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Cathy! Sorry I didn't link to you yesterday. Thank you for being a part of my commercial critique. Have a glorious weekend.
    LF

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea Cathy ... Commercials. Now what commercials would we do to promote God throughout the world? Living life as He asked us to perhaps.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we moved to the town we're currently residing in, we decided that we would not buy cable or satellite. We have no reception in the little gully we live in and are renting, so we can't put up an antenna. We therefore do not have television, and I do not miss it - including, without a doubt, the commercials - one bit. Movies and the few things we can get through the internet are MORE than enough... sometimes I still dream of putting the television set in a box in the basement - or better yet throwing it out!

    Great haikus. That does look like fun! Perhaps I will join you one of these Fridays! I hope you had a wonderful time in The Woods!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.