Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Zuchinni Reiish


zuchinni
Originally uploaded by HOARYHEAD
I am not a fan of zucchini squash. But because I have insisted that my children eat what has been placed in front of them I have tried over the years to find a way that I could eat it. I have baked, boiled, broiled, grilled, and pickled. To date the only way I have been able to eat it is in zucchini bread and in my estimation that doesn't count because it doesn't flavor the bread. Last fall I was offered a sample of zucchini relish and, oh my goodness, it was heaven. So today I embark on a new adventure. I'm going to make zucchini relish.

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

A reminder to all who wish to board the Adventure Tour Express, it will begin today at 6:00 p.m. CDT.  I'm looking forward to this week's tours.  You only need to copy and paste the button below and then link your post to the one here at A Bit of the Blarney.  Safe travels to all!

7 comments:

  1. LOL, dh who loves vegetables loathes zucchini! I am not a big veggie eater, so def not for me. Even in zucchini bread it bothers me!
    Good luck with the relish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried them stuffed with rice and minced meat? Now there's a delicacy!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's how to do it:

    http://www.easyliving.co.uk/recipes/vegetables/stuffed-courgettes - No rice.

    http://www.circlecity.co.uk/kitchen/recipes/stuffed_courgettes.php - Still no rice.

    http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/5614/baked-stuffed-courgettes.aspx - Ah ... rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the second time I'm trying to leave a comment...blogger is not co-operating today!

    I didn't like zucchini until my Italian mother-in-law taught me how to cook it the right way :) I'd love to see the relish recipe you are making today..could you post it? Thanks!

    PS Cute song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that relish sounds great! maybe along side of a turkey burger. : )
    let us know how it turned out.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love zucchini slice and zucchini bread too. I hope you share the recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just tried to make some zucchini fries two days ago!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.