Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tea Talk


"There is a right time for everything."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
The Living Bible

This morning it is really COLD!!! It is a perfect morning to warm myself with a cup of hot, aromatic tea. Join me, won't you?

I'm having...Good Earth tea. It is naturally sweet with the flavor of cinnamon and spice. It warms my whole being.

My teacup is... is a mug I have as a reminder of a wonderful weekend shared with a daughter-in-law. Often the vessel from which I drink reminds me of times cherished and remembered. It is also at this time that I remember family and friends in prayer.

I'm feeling... glad that this week has been a treasure in which quiet time has been restful!

I found this wonderful recipe in the book A Tea For All Seasons by Mary Pielenz Hampton.

She writes.

"The cookie, of Scottish origin, lives up to its name. Make these as a reminder that while time may be short, it can be very sweet if we learn to appreciate the beauty of the moment."

Melting Moments

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1/14 cups self rising flour
about 1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats or lightly crushed flakes

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and egg and neat well. Fold in flour until well mixed.

Make batter into 1-inch balls (about 1/2 tablespoon of batter) and roll in quick-cooking oats or corn flakes.

Place balls on greased baking sheet and make for about 10 minutes or until tops are light golden and and bottoms are very lightly browned. Coll briefly on baking sheet then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 2 dozen (recipe can be doubled). Melting Moments nice with a ginger or almond-flavored tea.

Now it's time for you to visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship is hosting Tea Talk at her house. I'm wishing all a grand day!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

11 comments:

  1. Dear GrandmaK,
    Oh I love your recipe.
    Your tea cup story reminds mr of my reading today in The Spirit of Loveliness and how Emilie Barnes had so many stories attached to her tea cup collection.
    I have enjoyed my first Tea Talk today and visitng others.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a lovely post with a recipe, too! Thanks, Cathy. Your tea sounds good. I'm glad to know you're having a good week.

    Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of words to describe your tea! Wish I was there to share it with you in the quiet while we watch it snow! I'm definitely going to try the cookies!

    Blessings,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious looking recipe...I think I'll copy this one down. Thanks for sharing it.

    Have a lovely day,
    Joyce Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog this morning. Very nice to meet you, fellow Tea Talk sister.
    Your cup story sounds a lot like my tea cup stories. They bring me joy as I use them and think of the lovely people who gifted me with such beauty.
    Many blessings on your day,
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your tea and cookies sound so good. I do hope you are having a wonderful day Cathy,
    thank you for the recipe....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you've enjoyed the recipe! It's always such a privilege to see someone appreciating my books. I have a blog too, (http://RefreshMoments.com) and post recipes from time to time. In fact, I'll have some Valentine related things up soon.

    I'd love to have you stop by some time. Nice to "meet" you!

    Mary Hampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty tea picture! Pretty music! Great verse!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe too along with your thoughts.
    Stay warm!
    All the best to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mint tea please ... and a Scottish Shortbread biscuit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy, gonna have to try that tea!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.