Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Award and Ash Wednesday

Beautiful Blogger

This morning I awoke to a wonderful surprise and one that has set before me a dilemma. You see if I had gotten this yesterday I would have had no trouble accepting it...It wasn't the first day of Lent. Today it is. I am committed to offering up prayer and sacrifice in preparation of the Resurrection. As I was raised that this time of penance and not for celebration, what am I to do...

What would Jesus do? He would be gracious, kind, and grateful. And so it is with gratitude that I say, "Thank you, Jackie, so very much." Her home is The Way of the Upright Is the Highway.


Here are the rules:

~~Thank the person wo kindly passes this to you and link your award back to them.
~~List 7 thing about yourself
~~Pass it on to 15 Beautiful Bloggers

About Me...
1. I like to knit, but have to have a reason, so I have started knitting baby booties as the Elizabeth Ministry at church is wanting them.

2. I'm going on retreat at St. Meinrad Archabbey on Friday for 2 days.

3. I love cream of tomato soup with melted cheese and Ritz crackers.

4. I have sincere hopes of returning to Ireland again!!!

5. I miss the Colorado Rocky Mountains!

6. My family is the most cherished treasure of my life!

7. I believe in miracles!!!!!!

My 15 bloggers:

Laura
MightyMom
The Duchess
Bernie
Sarah
Tracy

Lisa
QMM
Zuzana
Squelly
Abbey
Valeri
Anita
Suz
Sue


Now please visit these generous people and basque in their beauty!






I cannot leave today with out offering my Ash Wednesday Post!

Today we begin reading the Passion Narrative of mark. One way to pray the Scripture is to 'take someone with you' and talk with them along the way. For example, Mary Magdalene, or Peter, or Mary the mother of Jesus. (from The Little Black Book)


Give this serious consideration. If you need a Companion On the Journey, who better to spend time communing. A good way to meditate on Scripture.

+
~~+++~~
+
Thanks be to God!!!

12 comments:

  1. Dearest Cathy,

    You have touched me deeply with this award; to be among the likes of my sweet Dutchess and these other ladies is truly generous. Thank you dear one; God bless you, and let us dance in praise of our Maker who loves us so...Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. Thank-you,Cathy! Your home and heart are most especially deserving of this award. This is the place I know to come for peace, respite, and beauty. I'm honored that you passed this award on to me -- and honored that you're my friend.

    (Lisa, not Dan -- He was logged onto his account and I can't figure out how to get out of it without having to "start all over again" &:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a dear one, Cathy. I will be praying that your Lenten Journey is a time of tremendous renewal.

    Love you,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cathy, what a nice surprise on this holy day. Thank you so much for the award. I humbly accept it and will pass it on. I usually try to visit at least every other day and usually catch up on what I missed. Your previous post was great I didn't know about the things you described,escept Ash Wed., so I learned a lot today, also, another gift. God Bless you during your retreat. Just did one at Nazareth. Blessings
    GMM
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, I would so love to be going on retreat with you.....I love when I get to attend one of these beautiful weekends.
    Thank you so much for the award, to be among such company is an honor.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, I am so touched by this! Thank you so much. I believe in miracles too! Wishing you a Lenten journey filled with grace and peace.
    God bless,

    Edel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Cathy,what a lovely surprise:-) Have a blessed Ashy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you posted it cause you deserve it. Thank you for the lenten advice . I have to walk a fair ways to get to church tonight .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks to you, beautiful blogger! Blessings, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Cathy, Congratulations on your award! I hope you are blessed with a beautiful Lenten season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you again for the award, Cathy. I'm still trying to find the time to sit down and do mine. Stay tuned, and love you for being such a good blogger friend!

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness! 2 awards in 1 day from 2 new friends! it doesn't get any better!!!

    thanks so very much.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.