Saturday, January 30, 2010

Celebrate Friendship Saturday

I'm joining Ruth at Celebrate Friendship today to share with you a friendship rediscovered. Bev has been a friend I've had since grade school. Ye, that long ago. We went to the same middle school (junior high school in my day) and then went to high school together. She is a very intelligent lady. And for what ever reason we really lost contact with each other after graduation. She went on to college and I went to Mercy Hospital School of Nursing. I got married and moved away, she stayed and worked in public service and education.

Bev and I stayed in contact yearly with letters at Christmas. Then much to my delight, she invited me to face book. It has been such a treat to chat! Some things never change...she is still sensitive, hard working, and gifted in so many ways! And now she and I can share our lives as if we were just across the street again!

Open Letter

Dear Bev,

I just wanted you to know who proud I am to have you as a friend. You have been a source of pride for me for some time. I admire your courage in the area of education and politics and I know that you are sensitive to the needs of others. May God Bless you heartily!!!

Yours in friendship,

Cathy


I invite you to share with her a special friend you would like to celebrate! Please do, friends need to be acknowledged and what better way to do that than by praising them publicly!

Wishing you all a grand weekend!!!
~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!


5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Cathy!
    I too have been reconnected to many friends through Facebook! Really joyful reunions!

    I'm glad you were able to find Bev again!

    I'd love to participate in this but I have company coming in a few hours for a party for Jayden, I have to run and finish baking.
    But let me first say that I am thankful for the new friendship I've found here!

    Have a great weekend!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you enjoyed this special friendship with Bev! Thanks for sharing it with us:) There was actually a MERCY hospital where I grew up in Pgh, PA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ... friendships .....

    I remember when I sent my photo to one of those frienship websites (can't remember their name) and they returned it with the inscription "We're not that desperate!!!"
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    (Joke). Your post reminds me of a picture my father had with the inscription "True Happiness consists not in the multitude of friends but in their worth and choice." I've found this to be true in life.

    So thank you Cathy for reminding me of the picture and of my father.

    God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, my best friend and I went to grade school together and we still celebrate our friendship always. She is only a few hours from me and when we are not visiting with each other we are on the phone chatting. Oh I love my life long friends.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Cathy, this is beautifully written! A lovely celebration of friendship! Thank you for sharing your friendship story. I'm sure Bev is blessed to see this. I'm encouraged to see how you met again after many years. It made me more hopeful for my long lost friend.

    What a blessing to see you join our meme. Thank you for gracing my blog with your participation.

    Blessings!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.