Monday, October 26, 2009

The Simple Women's Daybook


Rising to another day is always a blessing, one in which thanksgiving and praise is offered to the all-loving Father. So it is with gratitude I begin this day.

~~Outside my window...it is very dark. It's 4:25 a.m. Sam's peering through the office window meowing to come in.

~~I am thinking...it would be grand to visit my friends Martha in NJ or Fay in TX and chat over a cup of tea.

~~I am thankful for...sunshine and glorious Autumn colors that reflect the sun.

~~From the kitchen...clam chowder.

~~I am wearing...my long-sleeved nightgown.

~~I am creating...the Book of Wit 'n' Wisdom.

~~I am going...have a less hectic week.

~~I am reading...still A Call To Joy by Matthew Kelly. I have found it to be a good book for reflection.

~~I am hoping...the weather continues to be glorious.

~~I am hearing...humming of the computer in the stillness.

~~Around the house...decorations complete for Halloween, just need to dust and vacuum.

~~One of my favorite things...watching old movies.

~~A few plans for the rest of the week: 1) continue to work on my vacation journal (it was a BUSY summer);2) prepare for Halloween travel to INDY to visit grand kids for the holiday;get my hair cut; 4) prepare Bible study for Thursday.

~~Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Autumn Berries

After you visit here please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman and journey along the path of life we all share. It will always be a journey worth sharing!

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

10 comments:

  1. I'm loving the Autumn too, but I don't enjoy 4.25am! lol Blessings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see when you've posted the Simple Woman's Daybook, You always sound so peaceful, joyful, and thankful.

    I've missed so much and I have a lot of things going on here at home but I'm going to try to spend the next few days catching up on everyone.

    Nice post!
    Nice picture!
    And I hope you have a great time with your grandchildren!
    All the best to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Cathy, you do get up very early....and your week sounds so peaceful, enjoy halloween with your grandchildren and many blesings to you...:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such simplicity I always love your blog.
    I thank with you God for your life.
    Take care
    God Bless you
    Shalom
    br.Freddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello
    What a lovely, peaceful post. It was calming and uplifting just to read it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice little peek into your world and your mind...interesting indeed! So thank you for sharing it, Cathy.

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy; so glad you had a relaxing Saturday (just past) and are looking forward to a less hectic week than usual. Matthew Kelly's influence? :) Enjoyed very much reading your posts about how inspiring he is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing your peaceful morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though our Autumn has been very wet it is still beautiful. Actually it's prettier than the very dry ones. The colors are more vivid. Don't you just love being a grandma. I hope you have a wonderful visit with them. God bless, Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.