Monday, October 05, 2009

The Simple Women's Daybook


Weekends of late have been grand and glorious. Fall colors are showing and the glory of the rose is still apparent in the garden. The Mums are in bloom and the Cardinal is roosting in the Burning Bush. Oh my, what a fresh breeze is blowing.

~~Outside my window...it is early, but the mother cardinal is flitting about.

~~I am thinking...Will wee Daniel be born this week?

~~I am thankful for...challenges that keep me alert and open to change.

~~From the kitchen...leftovers. They are good at times.

~~I am wearing...my long-sleeved nightgown.

~~I am creating...nothing special. Only continuing to work on my x-stitch project.

~~I am going...to meet with Sr. Dorothy this Wednesday for spiritual direction.

~~I am reading...A Call To Joy by Matthew Kelly. I have read others of his but this is the first.
~~I am hoping...the weather continues to be so glorious.

~~I am hearing...Duchess barking.

~~Around the house...the gardens need pruning in preparation for winter, but when to do it?

~~One of my favorite things...grouping on Tuesday night! A time to gather and pray with friends.

~~A few plans for the rest of the week: 1) Work on my vacation journal (still);2) write my reflections for spiritual direction with Sr. Dorothy, and 3) Read the Bible Study lesson for Thursday,

~~Here is picture thought I am sharing...





After you visit here please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman and journey along the path of life we all share. It will always be a journey worth sharing!

~~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God!


8 comments:

  1. lovley!!

    don't forget to post the xstitch project when it's all done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, and beautiful pictures.

    Thanks, Cathy, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Daniel - hope he comes soon and healthy! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love to read your 'family first' heart in every post!
    And it's always so peaceful here!

    God's Blessings on Daniel, he's obviously already well-loved and much-wanted!

    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Called to Joy is a great book! Love your reflections. Hope Daniel comes out safe and well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true about being thankful for challenges that keep us alert and open to change.
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.