Thursday, October 22, 2009

Matthew Kelly and A Better Version of Myself


We came home last night, after hearing Matthew Kelly, invigorated and hope filled . When the lesson is offered in positive manner, when the instruction is given without condemnation and when you are sitting in the midst so many on the journey hanging on every word, it's hard not to come away with the intention of making every effort to, as Matthew said, "Become a better version of yourself."

He's right! I am too busy. And because of this busy-ness, I neglect ME!!! When I neglect ME then there are so many things that suffer. I was hearing last night that there are many positive ways for me to improve this "version" of me. I can only tell you that when I hear Matthew speak in a way that affirms I am important, then I WANT to do something about it. When I take care of me then I am able to care for others more efficiently and compassionately. It's not being selfish to want the best for yourself, for when you are at your best then you can offer the best to others!!!

It was truly a GRAND experience last night. I'll be back again tonight!!! Wishing you a wonderful day!! In the meantime you can visit his website, Matthew Kelly Foundation.

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

6 comments:

  1. HELLO AND THANK YOU FOR INTRODUCING MATTHEW INTO MY LIFE...I JUST SUBSCRIBED TO HIS NEWSLETTER AND HOPE TO PURCHASE HIS BOOKS.BRYN

    MAY THE LORD KEEP YOU IN HIS PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so right. We women always put ourselves last. I think that's why we are so tired all of the time. I'm trying to take better care of me but it's hard. I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe he went to my Alma Mater (Steubie)...sounds like you got a lot out of that talk. I think Moms in particular feel very selfish if they stop and focus on themselves. But we do have to be our best for God and our family, and that requires a little "me time"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words compelled me to look deeper. I popped over to the site you recommended and truly enjoyed it. What this man teaches is so wonderful and rich. In my teaching of incarcerated men, I often speak to them about finding their purpose and sometimes I see wonderful things happen in their hearts as they begin to realize that they still have so much untapped potential. The words becoming the best self are so good. It is a process. We don't ever reach it, but by making choices that will be best on our way to that best self we can make wonderful progress and enjoy our life with confidence that we are being guided by the Lord. Blessings. I love this and might have to buy one of his books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love Matthew and am looking forward to what he tells you tonight.....you are in a beautiful place my friend.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking as a dad --- sometimes we put ourselves last. I know I was often the last to get new clothes, be seated, start eating ... or make time for a retreat, get to the doctor or dentist, etc.

    Sometimes, you do need to make sure that "Brother Ass" is functioning properly physically and spiritually so you can better take care of others.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.