Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beautiful Women Month

Kathy, a dear friend, sent this to me because it's Beautiful Women Month. And if you visit Anita at Castles Crowns and Cottages you'll find a wonderful "dinner with Audrey." I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but I am glad to be reminded of Miss Audrey. She was such a joy to watch perform. I loved her in My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sabrina, Charade and A Nun's Story...I could go on and on.

So here in her words is a wonderful poem Miss Hepburn wrote when asked to share her 'beauty tips .'


For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived,
reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you
will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you
grow older, you will discover that you have two hands;
one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

So, as you venture out today contemplate your value, your worth. You are grand each and everyone of you!!! Thank you for the ways you enrich my life!


~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!!!



9 comments:

  1. I'd never heard this poem by Audrey Hepburn. Thanks for sharing it, Cathy - lots of good food for thought there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always have loved Audrey Hepburn!!

    thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recall that poem being read; don't know if my Mother gave it to me while I was growing up or if it was just written in a woman's magazine I read. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such a great poem from such an icon of film :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing this long ago but one forgets parts of it, so thank you for sharing it...so, so true! True beauty is inside, not outside.

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I loved Audrey Hepburn, and I especially loved her commitment to helping children and those in need. She wasn't only physically beautiful, she had a beautiful spirit!

    Awhile back I participated in a 'Women of Grace' post on one of my other blogs and Audrey Hepburn is one of the women that came to mind and I had to include.

    Great post, Cathy!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had read this poem before and it is a beautiful reminder of how a good woman lives her life.
    Audrey Hepburn was such a beautiful person, excellent at her craft as well as generous with her heart and time for others. Great post my friend....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. quite a classy lady, that audrey!! nice post, cathy!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.