Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wash Day




My friend Maggie has gifted me with this "little ditty." Please enjoy as I did!


~*~


Monday Wash Day

Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and
Vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility
through the week ahead.


Tuesday Ironing Day

Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles
of prejudice I have collected through the years
So that I may see the beauty in others.


Wednesday Mending Day

O God, help me mend my ways so I will not
Set a bad example for others.


Thursday Cleaning Day

Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults
I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.


Friday Shopping Day

O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase
eternal happiness for myself and all others
in need of love.


Saturday Cooking Day

Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly
Love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday The Lord's Day
O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please
come into my heart so I may spend the day and the
Rest of my life in your presence.


~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

5 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Beautiful prayer, really! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot...great perspective. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little surprise waits for you at my place... come see! Not quite what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.