Monday, April 06, 2009

An Understanding...



"An Understanding"

If it is almost dark
(or almost light)
and I bump into you
in living out becoming...
mistake me,
as only a friend can,
for what I intend to be.

Continue toward
what I should most want to say,
taking as realities
these boundless bewildering capacities.
Let your love rain down
to my parched places
and stay
shining through my muddled seasons
in presence to insure
an actual awakening
from laughing potential.
See tomorrow in me today
with quiet patience
until time and times merge as one
and I am grown up
into a full child
of God,
And we are one.

~~Gilchrist Conway, S.P.~~
+1984

From Gilchrist Revisited-for Hers is the Kingdom
By Betty Rysdon Moebs, Editor

+
~~+++~~
+

Thanks be to God!

3 comments:

  1. Beutiful poem :0)

    although my words cannot compare:0)
    Here is my poem "gopoem" gift for you today :0) It is a poem for Holy Week.

    God Bless ~


    Life Drawing

    A simple drawing of Christ receiving his cross.

    Lays across my palms,

    In the stark lines of grey graphite,

    I find silence.

    Empty and beautiful.

    The cross

    Bent over like a wounded soldier.

    The hands of the carpenter,

    embraced the pain so gently.

    The suffering of the body of his death,

    The cross.

    A tree uprooted,

    Sapped of any stirring of life,

    A piece of dry wood,

    Grasping for the cool

    water of the earth,

    the soft sun light,

    Of a far away summers day.

    That once existed

    In a childhood memory.

    Back in a Galilean field of golden corn.

    Found between the embrace

    Of our Christ with our cross,

    Is,

    A moment which draws,

    All men to draw their first real breath

    Of true life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like these words:
    "Let your love rain down
    to my parched places"
    Especially now b/c i'm currently in one of those places - thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most beautiful, GrandmaK. Also enjoyed Susy's gopoem. Always an inspiration, never a disappoitment.

    Blessings,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.