Monday, October 06, 2008

A Grand Weekend (Part I)


I had a wonderful day at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods. Autumn at "The Woods" is really beautiful. Orientation went well and Sister Dorothy and I had a grand visit. She continues her work with the poor in West Terre Haute as well as her prison ministry.

Mass that morning was truly grand as the congregation prayed for candidates and companions alike as we begin this year long journey towards my becoming an associate of the Sisters of Providence. It will be a challenging journey, but not one I take alone.


~~~^j^~~~

Thanks Be To God!!!

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear of your good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting. Enjoy your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,

    Sounds wonderful. The photos are beautiful. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you, Cathy! Sounds like a great start. (I love that "Thou Shalt Not" parking sign!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear about you and your projects, Cathy. Thank you for your kind words.
    Hugs, Sma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful things are happening in your life...enjoy
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. And thank you for the award..I am going to make a post about it very soon!!Take care my dear...have a happy time***

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll pray for you on your journey.
    I think some of my teachers in high school were Sisters of Providence from Indiana. Were any of your Sisters in California in the 80's or are they just in Indiana? I had a Sr. Mary Roger and Sr. Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great, the pictures are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, Cathy. I'm glad all went well and judging by the photos you were in beautiful surroundings. All in all, sounds as if you're off to a very good start.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gald you had a great weekend and all went well! What beautiful place to be :)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.