Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Well, I'm back again...



After three days, I have risen from the books and words. It has been a challenging and fruitful experience with tonight being the presentation. I just want to share one special tidbit I found along this journey.

The Christian mysteries are an indivisible
whole. If we become immersed in one, we are led
to all the others. Thus the way from Bethlehem
leads inevitably to Golgotha, from the crib to the
cross. When the blessed virgin brought the child
to the temple, Simeon prophesied that her soul
would be pierced by a sword, that this child was
set for the fall and resurrection of many, for
a sign that would be contradicted. His prophecy
announced the passion, the fight between light
and darkness that already showed itself before
the crib.

~Edith Stein~
+ Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross+


***+***

Thanks be to God!!

3 comments:

  1. I have an award posted for you on my blog. Please send it on to 7 or so other blogs. Love your blog and your friendship.

    JMJ

    Love,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edith Stein's life story is such that once read it is not forgotten - at least not easily.
    She brought so much comfort and hope to others, while suffering the same fate. It surely was the light of Christ she brought to all those incarcerated souls.
    If this is an example of what you were reading, Cathy, I'd say it was and will prove to be a very blessed few days .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed I will, Kimberly.

    Ann, it has been quite an adventure. Knowing the subject but trying to be sure not to explain too much and confuse. Tonight's the night! Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.