Thursday, August 28, 2008

Book of the Month

Though I have only just started reading this book, and am behind as the next "Book of the Month" will be announced at church this Sunday, I would really like to recommend it. It is a short book of only 174 pages. I found that, when thumbing through it, there is a companion study guide called The Origins of the Church, The Apostles and Their Co-Workers. Though I am not in a group that studies the monthly book offering it might be a source worth looking into. Maybe you belong to a book club or perhaps you have friends who would enjoy starting a book club and this perhaps a book with which to start.

What I have read is not just interesting but also informative in ways that I knew but needed to be reinforced. Since it was started about 3 years ago, The Book of the Month has been a real source of education and information about who we are as Catholic Christians. I appreciate the people who continued this educational process here at St. John the Baptist when our associate was transferred. I wonder, too, if other churches would respond as enthusiastically to the literature as we have here. We seem to be a very hungry flock at St. Johns.

Good day to all as we journey through another day.

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good, another book to add to my list of books that I want to read:)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.