Monday, July 28, 2008

The Unspectacular Quirk MEME



My daughter-in-law, Kelly, tagged me. And it's only fair that I respond because I have tagged her so many times...

So, here goes...

1. I always have cold hands...Mother said the only reason I got into nursing school was because I passed "the cold hands test."

2. I was reminded this last week just how much I dislike hominy. It was served with every Mexican food dish I ordered this weekend. (Ron was in "hog heaven" because he got to eat all of mine!)

3. I hate to iron...Thank goodness for Downy Wrinkle Release Spray.

4. I love to travel but darned if I know why I clean the house before I leave. I'm not going to enjoy this while I'm gone.

5. I realllllly hate good-byes!

6. I become distraught when newscasters and reporters cannot use proper grammar. I throw my hands up in despair and frustration. Does that bother anyone else?
~~~~~~~
So, there they are, and now I will charge 6 others to do the same, including, but not limited to , No Body Said Life Was Fair..., Crocus in the Valley, A Truckers Wife, Aussie Coffee Shop, Made for Joy, and A World of Beauty.

It's so good to be back. When I get the pictures all sorted and ready to show from the wonderful travels I have enjoyed, you'll be the first to share them!

~~~^*^*^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Feel free to check my grammar...I usually need help, too.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're silly!

    Laure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!Ha! My husband also has a thing with newscasters and journalist using wrong grammar or mispronouncing something. I'll walk into the room to find him commenting to the TV! He's also the one who finds all the misspelled words in the paper! Me, I must read too fast because I just don't notice them until it's pointed out to me!

    Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh. I really hate to iron too!
    In fact I avoid it :0)
    I'd rather be all wrinkly and creased than do it any day lol ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way I am hosting a givaway over at my blog :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. I think I am just like you. I hate ironing with a passion. I hate it so much that when Daniel was three he asked me what an iron was. I said, it is something you will never see your mother holding.

    He now has to have his work shirts ironed and the ironing board stays in his room.

    Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Cathy. Looking forward to seeing all the photos and hearing about your trip.
    bad grammar doesn't annoy me as much as those 'catchy' mis-spelt words which must confuse children terribly. You know Rite Price, Nite Lite etc; I mean the English language is hard enough to grasp but to me anyway these signs degrade it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a fanatic about leaving a clean house when we go on vacation. Although it's always a pain cleaning AND packing, it is so worth it when we come home to a clean, organized home (which last all of two minutes...but that's another story).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok-I've followed suit. :)

    http://madeforjoy.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/unspectacular-quirks/

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.