Friday, June 20, 2008

Right Living and Right Speaking


Nouwen
Originally uploaded by TheScriptorium
I thought I'd let Henri Nouwen voice his wisdom today.

To be a witness for God is to be a living sign of God's presence in the world. What we live is more important than what we say, because the right way of living always leads to the right way of speaking. When we forgive our neighbors from our hearts, our hearts will speak grateful words, and when we are hopeful and joyful we will speak hopeful and joyful words.

When our words come too soon and we are not yet living what we are saying, we easily give double messages. Giving double messages--one with our words and another with our actions--makes us hypocrites. May our live give us the right words, and may our words lead us to the right lives.

from Bread for the Journey: A Daybook of Wisdom and Faith


That said, I wish you all a hope filled, joyful day!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks be to God!!


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Cathy! I found myself meditating on those words... a big thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took a look at the flickr link. Some amazing things there! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lord, preserve me from hypocrisy. Help me to get things in the right order and to listen to your Word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a grand day today and you all have added to it.
    E.A. If I need centering I know I can find it in the words of Henri Nouwen.

    Mike, you're right there are special things at that link.

    Ann, I say "Amen." God love you ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some words of real wisdom.
    THanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, found myself meditating on your words! Thank you!

    Juri

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.