Sunday, January 13, 2008

The End of the Trip.

You know, seldom can one say that the end of ones trip is as eventful as the beginning. But today I am here to tell you about the END of my trip. Perhaps tomorrow I will tell you about how IT started. This is much better and I have to tell very fulfilling.

As I arrived home here, we waited for my 1 bag to arrive. Well, it didn't make the transfer from Frontier Airlines to American Airlines in Denver (Frontier located somewhere near Aurora; American Airlines somewhere near Downtown...[exaggeration]. As everyone knows the airport is in the middle of nowhere). I wasn't concerned because I suspected as much since I had to change airlines and there was nothing of any value that cannot be replaced except 3 skeins of yarn I shopped for with my mother, and those can be replaced at Hobby Lobby. (It's just that they are part of the precious memories of my time with Mom, Phil, Deb and Megan). Doesn't everyone knit or find something to remind them of a treasured experience?

Well, any way, the bag was not here. But, there was someone very special at the airport that Ron and I were supposed to meet. He is a student from Lithuania. He had traveled for two days from his home to Dublin ( where he slept in the airport), to Chicago, and finally Evansville. God love him, only one of his bags arrived the other is still in transit and he STILL wasn't at his final destination. He still had to travel to Owensboro, KY some 26 form miles down the road to get to Brescia University where he was to start his 1st semester as a freshman. He told us after he made arrangements for his luggage he was going to get a cab to Owensboro. NOT! We would take him there if he didn't mind. He didn't.

Well, as luck would have it, Ron had ordered pizza ( that's what I said I was hungry for) and it was already at home. So before he traveled down the road again he had "American Pizza" and they were off.

When they got to campus it was after 9:00 p.m. and even though they found his dorm the doors were locked. They finally found two students who showed them where a security guard could be found. The guard told them that he thought that he had seen the president of the university in his office and perhaps he would be of assistance...Sure enough Rev Larry Hostetter was indeed in his office and he would be happy to get this young man settled in.

Edvin seemed like a delightful young man, who in spite of his denial, had a rather good grasp of the English language. Ron and I wish him luck and pray for his success.

Isn't GRAND when HIS plan comes together? And isn't it altogether Grand to be USED by HIM!

*******

And for the privilege to aid in the work of our Lord, I say,
"Thanks be to God!"

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Cathy. Hope the bags turn up - especially the one with the mementoes...and yes, it's grand day when we know we have been used all as part of God's plan, and to know we are instruments of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WB Cathy:)
    sometimes God touches us on the shoulders just when someone needs us.
    What a great spirit you have:).

    Peace & JOY to you:)

    Marie..I hope you found your bags?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed it is! It's good that Edvin finally made it to his destination safe and sound.

    I hope you had a wonderful trip.

    Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your footprints behind. Sorry for not dropping by sooner. I was on a course the whole weekend. Do visit again. Have a great start to your week!

    joy
    The Goddess In You
    Norwich Daily Photo
    Your Love Coach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy,

    My husband and I are from Denver. Hope you had a great time. I miss the mountains - especially this time of year with all the snow.

    Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danette: Merely touched down in Denver. Was in MT for a few days and they had no snow there. Glad to know you are from Denver. Actually, I was raised in Englewood and Ron in Colorado Springs. The world is becoming so wonderfully small.

    Good day to you all.

    Bags arrived safely "and all is right with the world" and am glad to be back...the beginning of the story will come later...It's sorta like reading a book from back to from...HEHEHE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great trip. I can't wait to hear more. BTW, I left you something at my blog.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy,

    Welcome back. Your experience with Edvin reminds me of the quote I have been pondering today. I came across it in the Magnificat this morning. "Let us have no desire to choose our own paths, but walk in those which God may be pleased to prescribe for us."- Saint Vincent de Paul

    God Bless you,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I saw your blog on Marie's and Cy's blog. I thought I would stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, that was a unique and blessed homecoming. &:o) I'm so glad you're home safely, that Edvin is safely started (with your help!), and that your bags caught up with you! I know exactly where the "middle of nowhere" was at the Denver Airport. You likely flew right over our house ~ here in the middle of nowhere! =gg= Can't wait to hear the "first" of the story! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Maria for the honor. I was really surprised and pleased.

    Kathy, I guess I needed you to open me to the reflection by St. Vincent de Paul. I read it this morning but need you for the revelation! God is Good!!

    Actually, Lisa as I was flying over CO I was thinking about you and all the snow I could see below. It was a beautiful flight...no clouds. Just a wonderful BLUE CO Sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, Cathy, and glad to hear the luggage has arrived safely. What a blessing you and your husband were to that tired young man after his long travels. I'm sure he will always remember how warmly he was welcomed by strangers in a strange place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful thing it is to be prompted by God to help someone in need. I always feel so very humble when this happens...I always think: "Wow! God chose me for this task!" You were a definite blessing for that young Lithuanian.

    Welcome back, and have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree...Privileged to help in the work of the Lord...and Wow!! yes he chose me...I hope we hear from him again...He was a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor kid, but a lucky one, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.