Sunday, December 16, 2007

Peace on Earth


Here it is the 3rd Sunday of Advent! God has blessed me in so many ways. Yesterday another birthday came and went. In gratitude, I thank God for my health, family, friends and the opportunity to live another day in His love. Today, I am still praying for peace on this HIS earth. So this I offer to you as it was offered to me and the members of St. John the Baptist Church of Newburgh.


LITANY OF NON-VIOLENCE

Provident God, aware of my own brokenness,
I ask the gift of courage to identify how and where
I am in need of conversion in order to live in
solidarity with all Earth's people.
*
Deliver me from the violence of superiority and disdain..
Grant me the desire, and the humility, to listen
with
special care to those whose experiences
and attitudes are different from my own.
*
Deliver me from the violence of greed and privilege.
Grant me the desire, and the will, to live
simply
so other may have their just share of the Earth's resources.
*
Deliver me from the silence that gives consent
to abuse, war, and evil.

Grant me the desire, and courage, to risk speaking
and acting for the common good.
*
Deliver me from the violence of irreverence,
exploitation and control.
Grant me the desire, and the strength, to act
responsibly within the cycle of
creation..
*
God of love, mercy and justice,
Acknowledging my complicity in those attitudes,
actions and words which perpetuate violence,
I beg the grace of a non-violent heart.
*
Amen
*
Sisters of Providence

St. Mary-of-the-Woods,
Terre Haute, Indiana

~~~~~~~
Because of His abundance of graces given
to me at all time, I say, "Thanks be to God!"

6 comments:

  1. A very happy belated birthday!

    I've just printed out this prayer; it is not only beautiful, but very challenging.

    Am listening to O Holy Night on your Songspot. I may be here for a while, it's so lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome to stay as long as you choose. Thank you for your visit and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday:0)
    I hope you had a wonderful day!
    THis is such a special prayer, thankyou for sharing it>
    God bless
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you...I had a grand weekend! Another reason to Thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Beautiful prayer.

    Each week I place a prayer for world peace on my blog:). A few have joined me in this endeavour...for if we dont pray for peace, who will?

    Thankyou for this beautiful prayer:)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is beautiful! I enjoyed reading it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.