Friday, December 14, 2007

New Awakening

As I awoke this morning I realized I was saying the Our Father. Not too hard to understand. A lot of people awaken saying the Our Father in the morning as a matter of course just as I did. But this morning I had a New Awakening. I was struck by the fact that THIS day I said "Thy will be done!" I can only surmise that the excerpt from Contemplation Haven, Asylum for Your Refugee Soul made a real impact on me yesterday. She shared a wonderful excerpt by Hans Urs von Balthasar called Maybe Tomorrow. Wow! It must have had more of an impression on me than I thought!!! TODAY I hear myself saying, "Thy will be done" now...not tomorrow...today! I'm really going to TRY today!!!

~~~~~~~

Thanks be to God!

4 comments:

  1. Praise be to God!
    Every day is a day to thank Him, even if I thank Him that the day is over!--Thy will is ALWAYS done, I just hope that I can cope with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Christmas I also remember our Heavenly Father who loved us enough to send His Son our Lord to save us, His children.

    I have written about it on my blog:).

    Do we remember to thank our Heavenly Father?

    Wonderful reflection:).

    Peace & JOY to you:)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never woken up saying the Our Father but I know I've often fallen asleep in the middle of one....the same with the Hail Mary!
    I hope I'll be forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! I don't think anyone ever said before that one of my posts might have been the reason why they woke up praying!

    I like what Juliene said: "even if I thank Him that the day is over!" :) Been there!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.