Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Trek of the Meteorite Apprentice


A Cluster of Meteorites



I thought as I posted this picture, it almost looks neolithic. They are not beautiful or glamorous to me, but to Ron, "the earthbound astronaut" they rank up there with bars of gold bullion.

Today he begins his quest to learn how to process them for sale. You see he wants to turn his love of space and its specimens-come-to-earth into an opportunity whereby retirement, when it comes, will not bring boredom. There is a gentleman in Syracuse, NY who has cut and etched meteorites for 25 years and Ron is going there to learn the process from the master. So the truck is loaded and ready to go, and just like a kid he can hardly wait to get started.

So it is that I wish the star gazer and meteorite lover a safe journey, patience, and a continued appreciation of the wonders of God's creation along with the prayers offered for a safe return.

***
Then God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky, to separate day from night. Let them mark the fixed times, the days and the years, and serve as luminaries in the dome of the sky to shed light upon the earth." And so it happened.
Genesis 1:14-15


~*~*~*~

Thanks be to God!!

3 comments:

  1. I'd be very interested in seeing them when they've been etched and/ or polished.
    A friend of my husband worked in the geology department of a local university and I remember well seeing lovely polished stones and rocks - all sourced locally - it would be a very interesting past time indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron will be glad to know there are those who are interested in his passion. I, too, am looking forward to see what lies inside these "out-of-this-world" stones. He tells me they are beautiful. You can be assured I will share them with you. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.