Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Nostalgia


You know, there is nothing like those childhood memories. On the Nightly New with Jim Lehrer last noc there was a segment on the Colorado Rockies and the World Series. Well, homesickness set in almost immediately!!!

Before there were the Broncos, Nuggets, or the Rockies, there was the Denver Bears! Yep! at one time or another they were the "farm club" for the Yankees (ONE of the reasons my dad was such a fan of the team--many others exist higher on the list) and the Cubs, as I remember. I remember the 4th of July and going as a family to the ball game and watching the fireworks at "Bears Stadium". It wasn't a tradition or anything like that, but when we went it seemed it was always on the 4th. I guess that is why I have enjoyed going to Otters baseball games here on the 4th because it is intimate and just plane fun.

Though I'm not sure how well they will do, I'm certainly proud they will be in The Series. So GO Rockies!!!

*******

And for the memories I say, "Thanks be to God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.