Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunset Over the Colorado in Texas


Sunset over the Colorado in Texas

This was a glorious weekend. What started with anxiety and trepidation ended with a feeling of satisfaction of a job well done. Anxiety because Ron and I had never give a joint presentation before. And with the subject "stewardship" we weren't sure how we would be received. We wanted the presentation to be the work of the Holy Spirit and we hope we have succeeded. That is something we will never know.


The feeling of satisfaction came after the last presentation, not that it was successful but that we had finished the task we had been asked to do with a feeling of having done the work of the Lord. Does that sound hokey? Wasn't this is what "The Seventy-two" were asked to do? And then again we are called to do the work of the Lord everyday.
~~~~~~~
"The Summons" ( one of my favorite hymns) asks "Will you come and follow me if I but all your name? Will you go where you don't know and never be the same? Will you let my love be shown, will you let my name be known, will you let my life be grown in you and you in me?"

~~~~~~~

I think He just might have been successful with Ron and I this weekend. And to that I say,

THANKS BE TO GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.