Thursday, August 16, 2007

Humility





"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:6-7












~*~*~*~*~*~

This verse struck me this morning as most personal. You see because of my "being" I am a worrier. I want all to be the best. I don't want unfairness. I don't want hurt or pain to inflict itself on my family and friends. Yet even KNOWING and understanding that I should give them over to God and offer up my concerns I still cling to them. I am a mother, wife, daughter, and friend who cherishes those He has given me. I want everything to be perfect! NOW.

Yes, perfection comes from years of living this life and is the reward attained by loving and living in the here and now. In turn it is gained as our heavenly reward. So I pray that the Good Lord will lift from me today those things that cause me to be anxious. And I will give my worries to him, for I know he has the strength to bear them.

~*~*~*~*~*~

And I sincerely say, Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.