Friday, August 10, 2007

Dreams


I read an interesting reflection today by Amy Welborn regarding the verse from Numbers 12:6:

And he said, "Hear my words:
When there are prophets among you,
I the Lord make myself known to them in visions;
I speak to them in dreams."

~*~*~*~

Amy said,

"I envy people who have peaceful, soothing dreams. I don't think I've ever had a dream like that in my life. The dreams I remember are full of anxiety, usually centered on the theme of having to be somewhere or do something, with countless obstacles along the way.

Don't tell me God doesn't speak through dreams anymore. I think I can learn a lot about my own life, in reflecting on my dreams.

~*~*~*~

You see I can identify with this. I don't remember dreams...I know I have them occasionally but I can never remember them. However, there are times I know I have been spoken to by God in dreams. Most of the time I'm sure this is the only way He can get a word in...When I am asleep. You see for a number of years I had prayed for Wes' healing of his diabetes. I prayed diligently and with persistence, just as we are asked to. Well, in the middle of the night I was awakened by a dream when He said to me, "If I heal him he will die." And indeed that would be true. Don't know why I didn't see it before. Surely, if Wes were healed we wouldn't know it. He would continue to take his insulin and eventually take an overdose and die. This called me to pray for Wes in a different way. Yes, it truly came in a dream...when I would listen!!! I'm just as certain that He will come to me again when I am ready to listen.

~*~*~*~

For these times I say,

"Thanks be to God!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.