Sunday, November 27, 2011

~~Mosaic Monday~Macro Monday~~


When we were at The Woods two weeks ago we were able to see the progress that has been made in reconstructing The Cabin on the site of the original cabin where Saint Mother Theodore and her companions first attended Mass after their arrival there.  This was also the home of Father Buteux.  It must have been a very intimate celebration!  It is being constructed with the same tools that would have been used to construct constructed it nearly 175 years ago.


EVOLUTION II
Posted by Picasa

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God

Cathy


Now please visit Mary at The Little Red House and share in the beauty offered there.   Please visit Lisa at  Macro Monday  for she also has much to offer.  The pictures are grand.

15 comments:

  1. Hi, Cathy. Stopping by from Mosaic Monday to enjoy your interesting, fact filled mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is a beautiful place!

    MYM

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there - the cabin building looks like a good project.

    Hate to say it, but I think I like the original rose best!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful they are able to re-create the cabin. I'm sure many people will be there to see it finished. Lovely roses and photos, thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the story of the cabin. Your rose mosaic is very pretty. Fun to do mosaics. I like your Thanksgiving photos on FB. Blessings to you and family.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would enjoy visiting this site. I enjoy seeing how people lived earlier in our history.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty shots of the rose.
    Loved your mosaic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty shots of the rose. I also enjoyed your Mosaic Monday entry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful! I love this cabin...makes me wish I could walk in the woods and enjoy the forest where I lived once...in a log cabin in the mountains of NC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos of the rose.

    Happy Macro Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cathy,

    Happy Advent to you and yours.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this post warms my heart! So sweet. Thank you for sharing this!

    I hope this Holy Season brings you much peace and joy!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely...
    1837... bless her!
    And you!
    Happy December!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.