Thursday, February 03, 2011

~Tea Talk~

If you are cold, tea will warm you.  
If you are too heated, it will cool you. 
If you are depressed, it will cheer you. 
If you are excited, it will calm you. 
~Gladstone, 1865~


I'm having...Constant Comment tea with a bit of Splenda to sweeten the beginning of this new day.


My teacup...Is a glass of orange juice right now, but the kettle is on.

I'm feeling...excited because I was able help by sanding the drywall and I removed the wallpaper.  I decided to take it down, reluctantly, because I was it would be faded or yellowed so that what I had left from having put up would not match.  Later yesterday after I had gotten it all down I found the roll that was left.......When I compared the two, old and new, I found there was no change in color. (SIGH)  Oh, well, live and learn (still!)!!!Another of life's lessons:  Even in the zeal to be prepared, always check the wallpaper with the leftover paper.  So now, I'll be wallpaper shopping!



On my mind...What color paint do I want in the kitchen and since I like the blue plaid wallpaper, will I be able to get something like it that I like?

Wishing all a wonderful Thursday!!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!
Now won't you join me and visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship is hosting Tea Talk at her house?  Share a cup of tea or a cool refreshing drink with us.

7 comments:

  1. Toasting you with my cup of Starbucks French Roast. &:0) I'm so bummed for you about the wallpaper! I think the job I've hated the most has been peeling wallpaper! (Arg! Any we've ever removed has been a century old and stubbornly attached to the walls!) HOw frustrating to have gone to the trouble then find out you didn't need to do it! Ah, well! It's all going to be so beautiful when you're done, though! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice blue plaid. Perhaps you could paint a nice cream color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy remodeling to you! It's tough in the middle part, but comes together so beautifully at the end. I'm a paint person myself; colors are so fun to choose! Have fun shopping for wallpaper.

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your wallpaper is/was so pretty! It reminds me of the kitchen my sister-in-law and brother had when they had their first apartment. I didn't want to copy her exactly, but I did do a blue and white kitchen, and I loved it! It always looked so clean and bright.
    Now I have darker more jewel-toned colors in my home but I'm trying to 'lighten' and 'brighten' things again (on a budget!).

    I hope you can find something that pleases you!
    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue plaid wall paper is pretty but I think it's still sound exciting to have something new around you. I look forward to see the fresh new look of your kitchen. I understand how difficult it is, sometimes, to decide for something semi-permanent especially for a big project like yours. But I hope you still find enjoyment in the anticipation seeing the finished product.
    Have fun shopping. I hope you find something that's not only pleasing to your eyes but also to your heart.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a day late in getting to visit everyone...

    That's a heartbreaker...I know how much work it is to remove wallpaper! But, now that it's done, I know you'll enjoy the change, and hope you find something doubly lovely for the effort!

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your visit last week. How frustrating about the wallpaper! I'm sure it will turn out lovely.

    Blessings!
    Sharity

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.