Thursday, November 11, 2010

~~Tea Talk and Amazing Things and Month of Thanksgiving~~








"Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company." ~Author Unknown







I'm having...Good Earth Tea. It's spicy, warm and fragrant


My teacup is...My fun polka dot mug.



I'm feeling...Tired.  Ron is getting up to go into work early (3:00 a.m.) and I can't go back to sleep.


On my mind...expectation and challenges offered at work today.



Branch Of Wisdom





 
"Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence." - Erma Bombeck








Today my gratitude extends to my mother.  She's the one who taught me how to cook.  She taught me the love of preparing a meal for others.  She didn't, however, teach me to love CLEANING UP.

Wishing all a grand day!!  Go outside today and take in God's glory wherever you are!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!


Now if you'd be so kind as to visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship  who is hosting Tea Talk and Tamara at Branch of Wisdom who is hosting A Month of Thanksgiving I'm sure you will find some delightful and wonderful words of wisdom, praise and gratitude.

10 comments:

  1. I'm a little tea pot short and stout... I never heard that song in forever :)))

    Oh, make me prepare hundreds of meals for loved ones. But don't expect me to clean up. lol!

    I enjoyed my little time tea talking here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta' LOVE Erma!
    And my Dad always taught me that the secret to the cleaning up problem is to "clean as you go" when you cook! I now do that and it's much better...my mother, on the other hand, says she can't be bothered cleaning when she's too busy cooking, ha ha!
    God bless you in your challenges at work:)
    By the way, I love that cup....it's SOOO "you"!
    It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cathy!
    The girl in the photo is so lovely, and what fun mug you have there! Love the polka dots and its pastel green color.

    My mom taught be how to clean up a whole house, but not much on cooking special dishes. But isnt it a great blessing to have a mother who taught us important life skills?

    I hope you enjoy the rest of the week.

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading about what you are thankful for today. Really beautiful and it makes me miss my Mom all the more.
    My mother was a wonderful cook too, alas, I do NOT have her talent!
    I loved your 'tea time' too.
    'Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!

    I enjoyed your trip to the Biltmore too, I'd love to visit there! And thank you for linking my road trip!

    Love and Prayers,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute mug! I hope that you get the rest you need to feel refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, your gratitude to your mother mirrors my own, including the clean-up part! Stopping by to say hello and wishing you many blessings!

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, a mom who can teach her children to LOVE cleaning up after cooking is truly a special mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I would love a cup of tea just about now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for dropping by! I love the sound of water here in your page :) very refreshing!
    You have a very nice mug and quote too! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna have to try that tea!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.