Friday, October 29, 2010

~~Bad Haiku Friday and Haiku My Heart~~


It's Halloween Time Again!


Goblins are scary
Monsters frighten me too
Ghosts only say, "BOO!"

With their "Trick-or-Treat"
And giggles and laughter
It's hard to be scared.

So laugh and be gay
In a ghoulish sort of way
It's only Halloween!

After the storm we had the other day the yard was full of limbs and leaves.  But the funniest thing I think I have ever seen was the green leaf that had been blown in the mouth of one of the decorations.  Looks, for all the world, like the "little imp" is sticking his green tongue out at us!  

Wishing you all a grand weekend!  Happy Halloween!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Please visit Laura at Catholic Teacher Musings the sponsor of Bad Haiku Friday.  Visit also Rebecca at recuerda mi corazon for Haiku My Heart.  And then just have the most wonderful Fall weekend wherever you are!


Bad Haiku Friday

Haiku My Heart

9 comments:

  1. Stopped by from Rebecca's Haiku link. You wrote fun whimsical thoughts for the upcoming halloween weekend. The terra cotta square shouldered pumkins look great. What wonderful planters! Isn't it amazing what Mother Nature can create by just some wind blowing around? Looks like that leaf was placed there. Glad you weathered the storm.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those terra-cotta jack-o'-lanterns look great with candles lit inside them! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to giggle once in a while, even if it's only once a year at Halloween. I'll be listening for some giggles this weekend.


    Haiku My Heart, Dry Leaves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Square pumpkins.
    What fun. And they can stay spooky for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haiku fun and love the shot !
    Have a great Halloween !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely delightful photo, Cathy, made my day!! you have such a positive energy on your blog, really. It is lovely. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like those little characters in the photo:)
    Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great weekend my friend and Happy Halloween.
    .....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well spotted, and thanks for the triple portion of poetry too.

    Have a nice day, Boonie

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.