Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tea Talk and Zucchini Relish


Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.
Chaim Potok


I'm having...A new tea by Lipton.  It's called Island Mango and Peach White Tea.  It flavor filled and refreshing.  I sweetened it a bit with Splenda.

My teacup is...One of my favorite mugs. It says exactly who I am.

I'm feeling...satisfied.  I canned the Zucchini Relish yesterday and there is such a feeling of satisfaction.  I think they turned out well.  We will be taste testing it today at work.  There are some fine palates there.

On my mind...finishing the laundry...I want it done before the weekend in case we decide to do something special.


Zucchini Relish

Posted by Picasa

Finally, for all who wish to have it, here is the recipe for Zucchini Relish.

Wash zucchini, DO NOT PEEL.  Cut out seeds.
Shred zucchini-10 cups
4 cups chopped onion
5 tablespoons canning salt
MIX-- Set out at room temperature overnight.

Next day--Drain, rinse, and drain again.

Put in bowl with:
5 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
2 large green peppers, diced
1 large red pepper, diced
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/ teaspoon black pepper

Put in pan and cook until it boils.
Put into jars with lids (makes 6 pints)

Put into pressure cooker and pressure up to 5 pounds.  Or place in a pan and cover jars with water about 1 inch over the tops and boil for 10 minutes.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!
~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

Now won't you join me and visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship is hosting Tea Talk at her house? Share a cup of tea or a cool refreshing drink with us.

10 comments:

  1. Yummmm! Gotta try those!
    Cathy, you're tagged on Mostly Prayers.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious and that tea sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your relish looks wonderful and delicious. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. I hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE zucchini, and as a matter of fact, I had some in my chef salad this evening! I love it steamed, in salad, or raw on a veggie tray. This is an interesting recipe ... wonder what you put this relish on ...??

    Blessings, Cathy,
    Abbey ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your mug--I love it!! The relish sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is such a lovely freshness here, Cathy. Your tea, your zucchini, and your quote. Thanks! I'm finding strength to focus on happy things and hum happy notes. Coming here is a good timing.

    Blessing to you! Lovely to have you join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love zucchini relish. I have an old recipe for it that I love. I haven't made it in years. Yours looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Island Mango and Peach White Tea", sounds so delicious. I have never made zucchini relish before, but I am sure I would like it since I like the cucumber type.
    Blessings,
    katia
    P.S. I like that song by Doris Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My how industrious you are Cathy!
    Love the mug...and your relish looks wonderful! Tell me please, how do you usually enjoy it? Plain? With chips or crackers or bread? I'd love to know so that we can try our hand at making some when our next batch of Zucchini is picked from the garden!
    Thanks for sharing Tea Talk with us

    ReplyDelete
  10. The relish sounds really good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.