Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catholic Prayer Meme

Posted by Picasa

My friend Esther at Catholic Mom in Hawaii tagged me for this Catholic Prayer Meme. So here are the guidelines.

"Name your three most favorite prayers, and explain why they're your favorites. Then tag five bloggers - give them a link, and then go and tell them they have been tagged. Finally, tell the person who tagged you that you've completed the meme... The Liturgy and the Sacraments are off limits here. I'm more interested in people's favorite devotional prayers."


There are many prayers I pray daily. Often stopping to pause at work to gather myself by offering a simple ejaculation. The prayers I pray the most are these.

1. The prayer to the Holy Spirit. Ever since I was a child, my father taught me that in order to find peace of mind and a sense of calm, praying to the Holy Spirit was important. In times of stress and even in joy, I often ask in prayer, "Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love..."

2. I pray the rosary. Though one could argue it is a group of prayers, when I pray it I see it as unifying prayers into one source of reflection and devotion. I pray most often the scriptural rosary as I am able to contemplate the life of Christ and the fullness of His blessing He has bestowed on me and my family.

3. Finally, I call upon Saint Michael the Archangel. One should never enter the day without being prepared to do battle against the forces of evil and who better to assist in that than Saint Michael himself.

There are oh so many others I pray each day but these are the most prominent.

Now five to which I offer this gift.

1. Laura
2. Abbey
3. Bia
4. Lisa
5. Lee

Please visit these and others to learn about their prayer habits. This can only bless us all and offer new insights into prayer!
~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy
    What a grand selection of prayers. They each bring particular places to mind for me. Come Holy Spirit was prayed every morning before class at my convent school. The Rosary was prayed every evening in my home when we were growing up. Your third choice takes me back to pre Vatican II days when the prayer to St Michael was recited after Mass. Lovely prayers, lovely memories. Thank you and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. done (changed it up a bit) as you probably knew I might do.
    Rebel that I am...:)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.