Friday, July 23, 2010

~Bad Haiku Friday~


It's that time of year when the wonderful fresh fruits and vegetables are arriving at the Farmer's Market. Oh what a treat it is to peruse and pinch the palate of color set before our eyes. Her are two haiku poems that express my feelings about these treasures.

Plump red tomatoes
Oh, how tasty and juicy
Mouth watering good.

~~~~~

Bing cherry delights
Dark in color and so sweet
Just forget the pits

Laura at Catholic Teacher's Musings is sponsoring Bad Haiku Friday. This weeks topic is Food and Drink. Jump right in!!! The water is fine!

~~^j^~~
Thanks be to God!!!

10 comments:

  1. You're right. The pits are the "pits."
    (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)
    I found this post very fruitful.
    (Sorry, there I go again.)
    Great job.
    And nice penmanship too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Cathy for the comments on my Blog. I have responded there.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cherries, tomatoes and Neil Diamond. Love this post, sounds like.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in hog heaven with the fresh fruits and veggies that are being sold at the farmer's market and even in the backs of trucks along the county roads!! Except for the humidity, this is a great time of year!

    HUGS,
    Abbey ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute haikus :)

    Sweet Cherries are the best and so is Neil Diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Thank God above for all His goodness and yummy gifts from His garden! I think He has invented the best food anyone could enjoy! :)))))

    Thank you dear friend for coming by to see Nancy's photography; talent runs in my husband's family....it is a gift of heaven indeed! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mind if I try it, Cathy?

    Juicy peaches
    Fuzz over flesh
    Drip down my chin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the farmers markets this time of year too!
    Your Haiku captured perfectly their atmosphere and aroma!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.