Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tea Talk

It's Thursday after Ash Wednesday. A perfect time to reflect on our journey this Lent with a warm cup of your favorite tea. Join me, won't you?

I'm having...Irish Breakfast tea this morning.

My teacup is... is a plain white cup. No frills. A reminder of the simple life we are called to

I'm feeling... happy in anticipation of the retreat I begin tomorrow at Saint Meinrad Archabbey.

Pray with me this Prayer For A Lenten Journey found in Lent and Easter, Wisdom from St. Francis and St. Clare of Assisi. Compiled by John V. Kruse.

Almighty, eternal, just and merciful God,
give us miserable ones
the grace to do for You alone
what we know you want us to do
and always to desire what pleases You.
Inwardly cleansed,
interiorly enlightened
and inflamed by the fire of the Holy Spirit,
may we be able to follow
in the footprints of Your beloved Son,
our Lord Jesus Christ,
and, by Your grace alone,
may we make our way to You,
Most High,
Who live and rule
in perfect Trinity and simple Unity,
and are glorified
God almighty,
forever, and ever.
Amen.
~St Francis of Assisi~
"A Letter to the Entire Order," 120-121

+
~~+++~~
+
Thanks be to God!

Now it's time for you to visit Ruth at Celebrate Friendship is hosting Tea Talk at her house. I'm wishing all a grand day!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for this cherished post. the Lenten season is a time of deep introspect and awareness of those things in us that draw us closer to our Savior. My heart feels the closeness of the Holy Spirit and I am contemplating much in anticipation of resurrection Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful prayer today Cathy!
    There is a little gift for you here:
    http://benmakesten.blogspot.com/2010/02/thanks-for-this-award-erin.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,
    Thank you for that beautiful prayer. How appropriate as we begin Lent. God bless as you begin your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cathy for sharing this beautiful prayer.

    It's always lovely to share tea time with you.

    Hope you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma K.,
    Enjoy your retreat!

    I joined you in this beautiful prayer :) St. Francis is my patron saint for 2010, may I steal this prayer to go under the picture on my blog?
    Signed,
    The Good Thief [well, maybe not so good but trying to be.]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying you have a blessed and fruitful retreat! May God be with you every step of the way on your Lenten journey. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing your prayer. It was beautiful ♥ I had Rose tea this morning in a crock type mug that was given to me by my son. I hope you have an inspirational and blessed retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. no tea for me today...I'm gagging down water......

    thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having raspberry zinger tea today. Blessings to you on your retreat!!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.