Saturday, February 27, 2010

Celebrating Friendship

I'm a bit late in posting today as it is our Saturday to volunteer at Mother Teresa's Treasures. This is wonderful opportunity to work, share and chat with others who find this a grand way to spend time. This is also a day I am reminded of a dear lady, Margaret, to whom I owe a lot through her friendship, charity, and her wish to make life better for all.

These pictures were sent me by a friend in an email. They are awesome and cause me to be awe-filled. Niagara Falls is a place of power and might and yet it was still and unmoved in 1911. I share this with you because Ron and I were privileged to travel with Margaret and Bill to Quebec, Canada in 2000. On the way we stopped by Niagara Falls. It is Magnificent!!!!! And we had such a grand time.




This also reminds me how much I miss Margaret for it will soon be three years since she passed from this world into the one of Our Father. Good Friday always remind me too of a lady who was valiant and strong to the end. A true model of life's dignity.

Niagara Falls
June, 2000


So today I want to remember a friendship gone for the time being but the prospect of meeting Margaret again one day is one which I anticipate with happiness!

Please treasure your friendships. They are far more valuable than gold...

+
~~+++~~
+
Thanks be to God!

I invite you to join Ruth at Celebrate Friendship and other friends in this special celebration.

14 comments:

  1. Cathy, what a beautiful post and I agree with you so very much as I would much rather a true friend than a room filled with gold.
    I love these pictures of Niagara Falls, I have been there many times but have never seen them frozen....these are beautiful......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy
    The photos are awesome. I really enjoyed them.

    I loved your tribute to your dear departed friend. I miss my dear brave souls, too, and look forward to a joyful reunion.

    I thank God for my friends still with me and appreciate your generous and loving spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures and such a beautiful tribute to friendship.

    Thank you Cathy for sharing. Your post reminded me of a very dear friend who has gone ahead into the next life. What a joyful celebration would that be when all of us are reunited with our friends in the presence of the One who also called us His friends!

    God bless you with many more friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos, Cathy - I think they must be unique!

    Like you, I also look forward to a joyful reunion with all my departed loved ones. On the 26th Feb, five years ago, Our Lord called my son, he was 23 years old.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing pictures of Niagara Falls. I had never even thought of them freezing. Spectacular photos. A wonderful tribute to your friend and agree that we will meet them in Heaven one day. Blessings on this Sunday.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and a beautiful tribute to your friendship with Margaret. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I am trying hard to concentrate on the joy of a reunion with my loved ones. I'm just in a bad place with all that right now and can't wait for the gloom to lift, in the meantime I pray.

    Thank you for your visits to me, your lovely, supportive comments, and this beautiful blog that never fails to inspire!
    Love,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. what amazing pictures Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy,

    I've seen pictures of the frozen falls before, but I still find it difficult to fathom. Isn't God's creation amazing?

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tribute to your friend. Your pictures are amazing. Peace be with you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. True friendships are precious and unbreakable... Amazing photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Cathy

    I am just dropping in to wish you a very Happy St David's Day for today, 1st March. But while I was here, I was amazed and uplifted by this lovely post. The pictures are wonderful and your words touching. Thank you and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder just how cold it WAS for Niagra to freeze!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had never heard of, much less SEEN the frozen falls! These are awesome photos.

    Blessings,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.