Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Simple Things


Christina at Soul Aperture is inviting us to list the little things we appreciate in our lives. For every blog that participates, Christina & her family will generously donate one dollar to Doctors Without Borders (max $250).

So it is today that I list those Simple Things for me.

~The soft skin of a newborn child.
~The velvet petal of a rose.
~The Autumn Gold of the trees.
~Lilies in the pond.
~A child's giggle.
~Tears of joy.
~The full moon.
~The smell of freshly mowed grass.
~The sweet smell of the peony.
~The sun glistening on a lake.
~Cheering crowd at a sporting event.
~The choir singing in church.
~ Watching the sunset and its rising again.
~The surety of God's ever presence in my life.

Please wander over and share your "Simple Things" with Christina.

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

12 comments:

  1. beautiful, beautiful list! i love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your list! Love your new blog look! Very elegant and very peaceful.

    I have to babysit my granddaughter today, but I'll try to do this list later this afternoon.

    Have a great day!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this list. I wouldn't have thought of them... yes, they are simple but definitely giving pleasure. Just reading them already made my heart light. Thanks for sharing. Will visit Christina tomorrow. It's night time in this side of the world.

    More blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Cathy. I am visiting you today in the wake of Christina's love. Thank you for sharing! You have listed many of nature's and God's bounties that I am afraid too many of us take for granted. How lovely that you notice, and encouraged us to take pause, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. His presence is sun and the rain in my life. thank you, thank you for sharing such a beautiful list.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy your blog looks lovely, and I so love your list.....it could be mine as well...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything, no matter how small and insignificant-looking it is, that is created by God has its purpose.

    So don't go around destroying them for the sake of the so-called 'development'.

    Swamps are there to cool the earth. Hills and mountains as anchor. Jungles and forests to supply water and to stop flooding.

    Respect all and they will respect you back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great capture of that hummingbird...truly JAH works. stopping by to enjoy your list of simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do love peonies. Isn't this idea of Christina's such fun? I love how many of us are roaming the blogroads stopping to say hello here and there. So, hello to you. Happy almost-Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all the items on your list except singing in church. The way they sometimes sing in my church would give God a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful list Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.