Friday, December 11, 2009

Bad Haiku Festival



I always have fun with this. This year I'll not be able to read all the entries until much after this day. For as you are reading this I am preparing for the rehearsal dinner for Jimmy and Kelly. The wedding is the twelfth. So you all have a grand time and I'll catch up next week.

I have two entries. Probably as a result of the dinner preparations. So here goes.

Love to bake cookies
The bread and pumpkin pies
Oh, what an aroma!

~~~~~

When the fire dies out
And the embers don't glimmer
What to do with the ash?

*
*~*
*~*~*
*~*~*~*
\_/
~~~~~
Thanks be to God!



Be sure to visit Catholic Teacher Musings to read the other entries or better yet, join in the fun!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Well you sprinkle it all over the place don't you? Just kidding. Love you poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all a very Happy Wedding, take care and I look forward to hearing all about the wedding when you return!

    Blessings,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  3. There needs to be some kind of "ash craft!"

    Enjoy the celebratory weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you do this, mine are absolutely horrible.....Happy Wedding and blessings to the lovely couple.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. see...we don't have ashes over here thanks to a gas fireplace

    we don't "light" a fire...we turn it "on"!

    then again, we live in georgia so a fireplace is just for ambience!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings on the happy couple!
    Enjoy it all!
    'Can't wait to hear all about it!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking as I sit here that you may be enjoying a wedding right this minute! Now, that IS a lovely thought!

    LOVE the haikus! I'm on board with the ashes dilemma. None of my "Slave" kids :) were up yesterday morning to dump the ash pan at the bottom of our wood stove, and I had to do it (Oh, bother!). I usually make the kids take it out to the compost... But,ahem, I'll admit to you, if you don't tell the kids -- I didn't want to go out in the snow, so I dumped it in the kitchen trashcan and tied the bag shut so nobody would know my guilty (lazy) secret...

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.