Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Best Cranberry Nut Bread Ever!!

Fresh from the oven!!!


I love ...nut breads, banana nut bread, pumpkin nut bread, apple nut spice bread, but my favorite ...nut bread is cranberry nut bread. The best recipe I have found is on the bag of FRESH cranberries by Ocean Spray! If you lived near me I would make you a loaf for your holiday morning breakfast.

But since I don't, here is the recipe. Of course if you buy a bag of Ocean Spray fresh cranberries it's on the bag.

Cranberry Nut Bread

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons of shortening
1 tablespoon of grated orange peel
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x5 loaf pan. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice, shortening, orange peel and egg. Mix until well beaten. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes, Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight. Makes 1 loaf.

Enjoy!!!

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am a carb addict so I like almost any bread, and homemade is the best!
    My husband loves cranberry bread, I'm going to try this recipe Saturday morning and surprise him!
    Thanks for sharing!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! Looking for something warm and yummy to go with tea.....love the smells and warmth of this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SO GOOD!! We have tons of cranberry bogs around us that send their cranberries to Ocean Spray, so it's like you are getting a little taste of my home when you eat that bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started making Cranberry Pumpkin bread (with walnuts) YEARS ago...it is my "go to" gift and SO moist. I got the recipe from the inside lable of Libb'y Pumpkin...I might just have to post the recipe to "spread the wealth".
    Have a Blessed Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE NUTS, TOO! My mama must love them too because she raised me on choc-chip cookies with nuts, Christmas cookies with nuts, banana nut bread, and the others that you mentioned. BTW - I was unable to post a comment yesterday for some reason. Now, where I was - my husband doesn't want the nuts so what do I do? I have to make two batches, I guess.

    Keep on cookin and I'll be right over!

    (((HUGS)))
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delish! I do believe that I will try this one!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious. I could eat the whole thing! (I haven't had dinner yet so I'm a bit hungry).
    Thanks for sharing (and getting me thinking about trying something new).
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, that looks soooo good!! :) I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh, Cathy. I love all breads, but cranberry nut bread has got to be my favorite! Yummy! This is very similar to our recipe -- Your loaf looks so scrumptious, makes me want to start baking right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make this same bread every Christmas as my mother did (it's her recipe) I don't add the nuts to mine but it is so good....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saved this and I'm going to make it to impress my in-laws.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.