Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Simple Women's Daybook

I had such a wonderful weekend that I just wanted to share it with you all. After you visit here please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman and journey along the path of life we all share.

~~Outside my window...is a glorious blue sky (it's 5:00 p.m. I decided to do this Sunday evening instead of very early Monday morning when it's dark outside.)

~~I am thinking...Thank God for Grandparent's Day. Neil invited Grandpa and me to go to Grandparent's Day at the Evansville Children's Museum. We had a grand time!!!

~~I am thankful for...All my grandchildren. Real treasures.

~~From the kitchen...the crock pot has a pork loin in it cooking for dinner tomorrow.

~~I am wearing...capri pant with matching jacket.

~~I am creating...[still working on] The Book of Wit 'n' Wisdom for Jimmy and Kelly's Wedding

~~I am going...to have a restful week in which I can work on my summer picture album with all the pictures of our great adventures this glorious summer!

~~I am reading...The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri J. M. Nouwen.

~~I am hoping...the weather continues to be so glorious.

~~I am hearing...kids playing outside in these wonderful days before Autumn begins.

~~Around the house...Ron is spraying the weeds in the garden and Sam and Duchess are lazily napping.

~~One of my favorite things...is to do eat out with family and we will be celebrating Roy's birthday tonight at the Olive Garden!

~~A few plans for the rest of the week: 1) Work on my vacation journal; 2) continue to progress with Jimmy and Kelly's Book of Wit 'n' Wisdom.

~~Here is picture thought I am sharing...
"The Pied Piper of St. Charles"
The Festival of The Little Hills
St. Charles, MO, 2009

~~~^j^~~~
Thanks be to God!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Bit of Blarney. #5 on my truth or not list did happen to me. The MD I hit, when I was a beginner was my own personal physician, Love your Simple Woman Journal. Check out my post for Monday for the truth all the way. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a feel good post this is, it is so uplifting and motivational, it just makes me want to do something wonderful. I wish you a wonderful meal with your family (the Olive Garden is my favorite place to eat) and a very blesed week......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shared thoughts and things to look forward to!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can visualize all of it! And I love the picture of the Pied Piper of St. Charles. (I assume that is where you live; I have friends there but have never seen the city.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Hope you enjoyed your dinner out! 'Sounds like you had a wonderful day!
    Happy Grandparents Day!

    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that title: The Pied Piper of St. Charles.

    Happy Grandparents Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Grandparents Day! I'm sure all your grandchildren think you are the REAL treasure!

    I LOVE going out to eat too, but not great for my waistline or pocketbook :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Good stuff, Cathy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.