Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Life of Saint Brigid: Abbess of Kildare

I was visited here at A Bit of the Blarney by Jane Meyer, author of the book The Life of Saint Brigid: Abbess of Kildare. I'm honored that she left a comment. I am most excited about her book about Saint Brigid. One can never have too many role models, especially little girls. I think little children need role models that have lived a life of success, not in material wealth, for that is fleeting, but those who choose the path of service. For it is in service that the reward is most great! I think it is so important that there is "holy" glamor in this world and it is not in the body of physical beauty but in the gifts and talents manifested in the person who offers self for the aid and good of others.

My thanks to Jane Meyer for her visit.

~~~^j^~~~

And my sincerest

Thanks be to God.

11 comments:

  1. My youngest daughter took the name Brigid for her Confirmation name. She had to write about her Saint name and the reason for choosing this name, she wrote two papers, one on St. Brigid of Ireland (Brigid was my great-grandmother's name too), and one on St. Bridget of Sweden (my husband's family is Swedish, and hearing about a Swedish saint was new to me). Both Saints are wonderful role models.
    Beautiful post.
    Beautiful video.
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that children need to hear of good role models, so it's wonderful that this book is out. How exciting for you that she commented on your blog...will have to go find it!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and inspiring post. I too would be honered with a visit from an author who wrote on St. Bridgid, one of my favorite Saints. I am going to look in Chapter's today to see if they have it as I know I will enjoy reading about her life.
    Thank you Cathy for sharing.....
    have a great day.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, beautiful video! I've got to find that book now.
    Indeed, I like finding truly good role models for my girls. Can't do much better than the saints!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I think girls have never needed good role models more than now when they face so many images every day. How wonderful and exciting to have been left a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to get that book for my grandaughter. She is in the sixth grade and loves to read. Maybe we can read it together. Thanks
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, bless you all!

    May the prayers of Saint Brigid be with you, and with me... and with all the little ones who come to know her.

    And may we all be lights of beauty and love for Christ and His kingdom...
    jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful post and beautiful video to share. I agree about role models - the saints are wonderful role models for us all. They show how ordinary people can do extraordinary things when hearts are open and obedient to the Lord. For without Him we can do nothing.

    God Bless,
    Elena :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please link to our blog: www.catholicheritage.blogspot.com

    God bless you!

    St. Conleth's Catholic Heritage Association

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this. The video is beautiful. I will be adding this book to my list of ones to read.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.