Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Gift of Humor...


Forgetter Be Forgotten?
M
y forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke

For when I'm 'here' I'm wondering
If I really should be 'there'
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

O
ft times I walk into a room,
Say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.

A
t times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, Gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!


When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, 'who the hell was that?'

Y
es, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

C
AN YOU RELATE???

~~~~~~

I certainly can relate...I offer this in lieu of Bad Haiku Friday! It is much too funny to ignore. Please enjoy~~And Thank You to Margaret for sending it!

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

7 comments:

  1. HA HA! I think I am getting to that stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! I can definitely relate! Each and every one of those scenarios has happened to me more than once! In fact, a few are becoming routine!

    Cute post!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I relate?

    Heck, Kathy, I could have WRITTEN that, if I'd remembered how to rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy!
    I can relate!
    Love the new look, I haven't been here in awhile.
    Hope you are well and enjoying the summer..so much of God's beauty !
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thanks for visiting my little blog, I appreciative of your support!
    I made 10 Soda Breads yesterday..thought of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy I can so relate to this poem in fact I live it every day...now that you shared it with us, I feel normal.....big hugs my friend, xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Cathy, it was fun coming over here and getting a some chuckles...those are soooo me...I still don't know if I'm arriving at that stage or I was born at that stage!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, I'm going to call my mom and read it to her:)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.