Thursday, May 07, 2009

What do you think?


Strawberry and Milk
Originally uploaded by Nate Flickinger
"He went into all the region around the Jordan, proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins." ~Luke 3:3~





A Priest once told me that, in his experience, people have felt more guilt for violating their diets than they have in committing sins.

Hmm.

~~~

Forgiving God, I admit my wrongdoing before you, hopeful for your mercy.

by Amy Welborn
A Catholic Woman's Book of Days


~~~~

I think I, too, might fall into that category...Falling prey to how I look on the outside is more important than the way my soul looks on the inside. Vanity!!! However, how I behave on the outside mirrors my soul on the inside. That should be cause to pause.

~~^j^~~

Thanks be to God

Today is our NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER. Please take time to participate! God is Good! Give Him a few minutes of your time.


Picture by Nate Flickenger

10 comments:

  1. I hate to think that you and your priest friend are right, but unfortunately something rings true about that diet comment. Perhaps it's because the effects of a botched diet are more visible than the impact of sin.

    Thanks you for this post - it certainly gives me something to think about.

    As to the National Day of Prayer, see http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2009/05/thursday-may-7-national-day-of-prayer.html for some interesting history...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true for me! I do worry about how I present myself to the world with my 'outward' appearance so much more than I worry about how I present my soul to Heaven and Earth!
    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Thank you, dear Cathy!

    God bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evidently, I'm not worried as I just scarfed a Big Mac. Yikes, but heck, live a little!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quote: How I behave on the outside mirrors my soul on the inside. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GUILTY! I love being reminded every day that there is more to me than just my shell, and there is more to my spiritual journey than tangible things that we can see and touch. This was a wonderful reminder. Thank you, Cathy!! I am back to blogging, so come by for a visit!

    Luv you,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the "cause to pause", although I've never confessed to a diet slip (mine would be more like a wheeeee...slide!), I do need to be reminded to stick to what's on the inside of me and others and not the outside!

    blessings always,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fall into this as well, I think as humans we all must struggle with this, or I hope I'm not alone in this, but I'm working on it all the time and a good reminder is always helpful, I can stop and give pause and reflection. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post today, something we all seem to struggle with throughout our lives.
    I love the beauty in the people I meet, their smile and eyes tells me about their hearts.
    I think I would enjoy your company very much.....:-) Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  10. very challenging! And I love the image!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.