Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friendship Blessing


May you be blessed with good friends.
may you learn to be a good friend to yourself.
May be be able to journey to that place in your soul where
there is great love, warmth, feeling and forgiveness.
May this change you.
May it transfigure that which is negative, distant or cold
in you.
May you be brought in to the real passion, kinship, and
affinity of belonging.
May you treasure your friends.
May you be good to them and may you be there for them;
may they bring you all the blessings, challenges, truth
and light that you need for your journey.
May you never be isolated.
May you always be in the gentle nest of belonging with your
anam cara.

Text from Anam Cara, A Book of Celtic Wisdom by John O'Donohue

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

12 comments:

  1. Cathy, this is a beautiful friendship blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't he just wonderful, Cathy?
    I have a second book now - Benedictus which I'm enjoying. It's all about blessings and is very bautifully written with so much peace between the lines.
    Friendship is indeed a blessed thing and I thank you and John O'Donohue for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this, Cathy. Friendship is one of the best gifts people share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, what a lovely friendship blessing.. thank you.. you are a blessing to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful encounter, cathy! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "May they bring you all the blessings, challenges, truth and light that you need for your journey." Amen. And may I always be as grateful to my friends for the challenges and the truth as I am for the blessings and the light! Thank you, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this blessing and the book itself which I was given a little while back. As someone with Irish parents I find a lot of beauty in celtic spirituality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, thank you for these beautiful words and for your visits on my space.
    Your friendship is very important for me.
    Hugs, Sma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing, I liked that one. Hope you had a nice long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nonsense. Who counts themselves among their friends? Is O'Donohue counting Facebook friends? This Irish blarney is popular by the masses when tattoos are in fashion and McDonalds boasts over 99 billion served.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.