Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Prayer

The topic this week...Prayer. There is much to learn and be taught about prayer. Interestingly, there is a lot written about prayer. So, while I have the chance, in preparation for my presentation I though I would share my wanderings with you.

In Catholicism for Dummies I found this.

We Are Family


In the Bible, a mother begged Jesus to drive a demon our of her daughter (Mark 7:25-30). The Church maintains that Jesus, being God and man, already knew that the daughter was plagued by a demon, so he didn't need the mother to tell him. But he allow and permitted the mother to get involved and ask for help on behalf fo her child.

Likewise, the Church believes that Jesus doesn't need the saints to tell him anything but he permits people to ask the saints to ask him for help. Why? Because humankind is all one family, all made in the image and likeness of God, all children of God, and all brothers and sisters in Christ, with Jesus being the brother. And the dead who should are with God are still part of the family of humankind and still connected to all on earth.


On the eve of a weekend when All Saints are honored and All Souls prayed for I offer this as reflection on Prayer. Wishing you all peace of mind and love of the Savior through prayer.

I would also ask for YOUR intercessory prayer for Evelyn Bethel, the is the mother of my friend Karen, as she undergoes surgery today to repair a broken hip. May God the Father , the Son and Holy Spirit be with them all especially the surgeons who perform the surgery!

~~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God


3 comments:

  1. I am praying right now. I hope Karens mother heals quickly and is up and moving around very soon. God Bless and have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song. I remember when I first heard it and felt the hand of God comforting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy dear
    I'm sending prayers up for you in thanksgiving for your prayerful Spirit, along with intercession for Evelyn Bethel's complete recovery.

    This is an excellent post on prayer and effectively teaches on the Communion of Saints- not often understood even by Catholics.

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.