Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Book of Wit 'n' Wisdom

The Book of Win 'n' Wisdom





Bia at La Dolce Vita: the sweet life with three sons asked recently about the Book of Wit 'n' Wisdom. Thought I would share it with you.

The Book of Wit 'n' Wisdom is a project I started about 10 yrs ago when our David married. It is an accumulation of shared stories, verse, Scripture, or advise given my family and friends to the Newly Weds. Everyone who wants can contribute and then I put the book together with pages of wit and wisdom by the "masters" and The Master. Since I first stated this project, it has been given to family and friends for weddings, anniversarys and birthdays. It's great fun for me and those who receive it seem to enjoy it. It used to be a surprise, but not any more...I suspect there would be disappointment if were not presented to the remaining members of the family who know of the tradition.

The explanation of the book is on the opening page.

The Book of Wit 'n' Wisdom is a Keller Family tradition based on the willingness of the Iris to always have advise to give, tales to tell or memories to share by family and friends for every occasion or celebration. The Keller Clan wishes [happiness to all in life's Adventure] full of tales with just enough Blarney to make them worth telling.


The books have ranged in size from the first one in 5x7 albums to Father Gene's regular sized album of the celebration of his 25th Anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood. They have all been a grand adventure for me as I get to participate in sharing of the family's "treasures" they wish to share.

Please feel free to begin your own projects for birthdays, Baptisms, Confirmations, or Graduation. Anytime you wish to celebrate Family and Friends and gather it together in one place as a lasting memory of those you love. A book much like one given us by our Creator Father in his Words of Wisdom in the Most Holy Bible, a book we have TREASURED for all time. His words are often found repeated in the pages of the Book of Wit 'n' Wisdom. Consider joining this adventure. It has certainly be worth the journey for me.

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

11 comments:

  1. Beatiful ideas,and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative and wonderful thing to do for family. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always love scissors and tape...This really just "cutting and pasting" (Not meant to be a pun!) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding, meaningful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea..very beautiful! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea!! It is such a personal, thoughful gift. I may have to borrow it....

    Blessings to you and your family this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea. Actually, I've been contemplating such a book as my son is preparing to get married in March. I'll take this as divine confirmation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea..I have been thinking of starting a scrap book becauset there are so many interesting blogs out there who put some amazing stuff on their sites. Including some beautiful pics and photo's..I may just go ahead with my scrap booking hobby. Thanks Cathy:)

    Peace, JOY & Love to you:)

    Marie xooxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.