Monday, August 18, 2008

My Life is a Magnet...


If you looked at my refrigerator you would ask yourself, as I have many time, why doesn't this freezer door just fall off? I have collected magnets for some time. I have my treasured Colorado Aspen leaf and the Corpus Christi sea shell. There are magnets from the Indianapolis Museum of Art, the Evansville Museum, the High Museum in Atlanta, and the ultimate museums, The Smithsonian. I have magnets from Dublin and Mount Rushmore. I have gifts from Rome and Ontario. For goodness sake. I don't need to write a book...My life is on my refrigerator.

*_*_*_*_*

Thanks be to God!

12 comments:

  1. That would make a great title of a book: MY LIFE AS A MAGNET, reflections from my refrigerator.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, that's not bad...considering, HUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But they all look SO neat! Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, what fun... I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like magnets too because they are an easy, inexpensive, and practical souvenir to buy. But your magnets at least do not have papers and coupons dangling from them....ours do. (It's not pretty.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those magnets! Looks like a lot of unique ones, too! And just so neat. I have a few and even those are haphazard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a very clever anti fridge-raiding device as well as a conversation piece - and as Mike says SO neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suddenly my fridge feels rather naked and unadorned :0(

    LOL ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dear ,there is a award waiting for you at my place.Maybe there is room for it on your refrigerator;)
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all have only seen the upper half of the frig...There's more below. Maybe later!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our fridge is like Laura's - the magnets hold the lists, coupons, etc - everything that doesn't fit into my 400-pound purse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yup, yours looks pristine next to mine! Mine has A4 letters, coupons, medicine prescriptions, photo's etc beneath all my fridge magnets.

    it's incredible that i can fight through it all to get into the fridge....but i do, because there's nice food in there ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.