Monday, July 07, 2008

How do you decide who to marry...

I hope you will laugh as heartily as I did after I received this as an email...Whew!!! Kleenex anyone?


HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? (written by kids)


-You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.
-- Alan, age 10

-No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with.
-- Kristen, age 10
2. WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then.
-- Camille, age 10
3. HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids.
-- Derrick, age 8
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
Both don't want any more kids.

-- Lori, age 8
5. WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
-Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.

-- Lynnette, age 8
(isn't she a treasure)

-On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.
-- Martin, age 10
6. WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
-When they're rich.
-- Pam, age 7

-The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that.

- - Curt, age 7
-The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do.
- - Howard, age 8
7. IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them.
-- Anita, age 9 (bless you child )
8. HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED?
There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there?
-- Kelvin, age 8

And the #1 Favorite is ..........
9. HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck .
-- Ricky, age 10
~~~~~~~^j^~~~~~~~

For children and their veritable
wealth of knowledge I say,

"Thanks be to God!"
And to my friend, Karen!



15 comments:

  1. Thanks for a good giggle! I think my husband wrote that last one...sounds like something he would come up with!!
    God Bless,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one where the stranger might have to guess if two people are married based on whether they are yelling at the same kids. This is definitely my favorite, although I really got a great laugh out of the last one and the explaining of all the kids.

    Thanks for sharing! It was fun to read and laugh with your tonight.
    Blessed be God Forever,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9. HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
    Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck

    ROFLOL Hahahahhahahaa!!!!! Too too funny!!! Thanks Cathy!

    In fun,

    Marie xoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quick note from A Catholic Notebook. . . . you can add your favorite books to the Blogger's Choice Catholic Reading List until Wednesday. The deadline was extended due to some special requests! I can't wait to see and share the results at the end of the week. Come on by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hoot--Thank you, I needed that! We should ask kids about how they see the world more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Thanks for sharing Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Especially at #3, 7, and 9! I just love the world from a kid's eye view! Thanks for the giggle today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even if she looks like a dump truck . . . oh my, that's really funny.

    But now I'm paranoid. Now every time my husband or boys tell me I look nice, I'm going to have them clarify that point by asking, "How, exactly, do I look nice?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really funny. Thanks for posting this. It is early in the morning here and no one is awake at my house, I had to stifle the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great, and it's one I've never seen before! Gotta pass it on! Hope you enjoy your time with your mom. She looks like a wise woman, but she has a little intriguing twinkle in her eye...must be the Irishness?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny! Don't you just love the openness of kids?

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.