Friday, July 18, 2008

"Back Home Again in Indiana..."

What a trip!! We had adventure, magnificent weather, and family fun! Montana is a great place to visit! It started off a little bumpy in INDY as we were delayed for over an hour because of severe thunder storms. So, we missed our first flight to Billings. When we landed in Minneapolis Northwest Airways already had us booked on the next flight and we were up-graded to 1st class...Have never flown 1st class and probably never will again, but it was GRAND!


There is so much to tell you and so little time (I'm doing the laundry as we speak), so I thought I would share one of the unique sandwich places to which my brother, Phil, took us. Actually, he and Ron ate at the same place in Bozman the day before...Ron just had to have another sub so they took Mom and me the next day.

It is from the Pickle Barrel...



This is just 1/2 of the Cougar Sandwich and Mom and I only ate 1/3 of it...
Whew!!! But is was good!!
~~~~^^~~~

To which we all said after lunch,
"Thanks be to God!"


7 comments:

  1. How fun to get away, Cathy. Hope it was a meaningful and enriching time! ~Suz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time:)
    I have a great uncle & aunt in Billings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz, it was truly rewarding...I witnessed my mother's kindness and sincere love of neighbor as she gathered residents of the assisted care facility near where she lives for prayer and worship. One is never to old (she's 83) to do the work of our Savior.

    Tracy, Billings is a lovely, yet rustic city...a Grand place to visit!!!

    Thank you both for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! That sandwich looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time.
    But my goodness that is one big sandwich lol.
    &;0)
    Blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you had a wonderful trip - and travelling first class was grand indeed!
    There are subs and there are SUBS - my goodness! Your brother and your husband had to go back a 2nd time to finish theirs, right?!
    It's great to hear your Mum is still taking such an active and rewarding part in her Christian calling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Look at that sandwich. Do they have anything pescotarian?

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.