Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm Behind Again...


I always have such good intentions and though I started it late in the year I had hoped to stay on course. "What IS she talking about?!"

Just after Lent I found at Cornerstone, while shopping for First Communion gifts, My Daily Catholic Bible, 20 minute Daily Readings. Thinking this would keep me focused on reading the Bible in a more regular format, I purchased it and began my sojourn. I can make all sorts of excuses for what happened but none will really do. Suffice it to say I am now behind. I entirely missed the reading for Nehemiah and the text is already four days into Tobit. Well, Tobit is one of my favorite books so I will endeavor to be more committed. I will try to catch up and stay on course.

I Pray:

Please, Father, allow this wayward child to find my way through your word to the Word, without taking so many side trips that I lose my way. Keep me focused and attentive to your wishes, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Christ Jesus. Amen.

~~~^j^~~~

Thanks be to God!

7 comments:

  1. Cathy,

    I just love the prayer. It is so simple but a candid cry to Our Lord for His guidance.

    I fall behind on my Spiritual reading often. I am really trying to do a better job at this.

    God BLess,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all need to do this regularly. Igorance of the Bible is ignorance of God.

    Thankyou Cathy for this timely reminder:).

    Peace & love to you:)

    Marie xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of those bibles and sometimes miss a day too! But it's a great thing to do. I'm in 1 Samuel at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy,

    Your prayer is a prayer of a child. That is the best kind!

    Love,
    Easter:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to get that same book so that I can read my Bible on a more regular basis. Of course, I have to stick with it and try not to forget. Good luck! I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, that's a terrific prayer. Thanks for posting it.

    Owen [p.s. now blogging at http://onionboy.typepad.com/yootikus if interested]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you, All!! In just a few moments I'm off to visit my friend Tobit!

    ReplyDelete

Your insightful comments are appreciated and I want all to feel comfortable and welcome.